The president started the ball rolling, but it looks like California is taking the strongest action against guns. Here’s a sampling of the legislation’s provisions via ThinkProgress:
1. Ban all semi-automatic rifles that accept detachable magazines.
2. Ban possession of high-capacity magazines.
3. Ban “bullet button” conversion kits.
4. Bans shotgun-rifle combinations.
5. Universal registration of all guns.
6. Background checks on ammunition.
7. Regulating gun loans.
8. Prevent prohibited individuals from living in homes with guns.
I particularly love #6: Background checks on ammunition — the first step towards a Chris Rock Bullet Law.
Get ready for the NRA to spend a lot of time and money in California. Hopefully the other side will step up and properly counter the NRA.(h/t DUI Attorney David Benowitz)