Cartoon

Proud Boys

JM Ashby
Written by JM Ashby

(Cartoonist - Chris Britt)

In other news, the Second District Court of Appeals has ruled -- again -- that Manhattan's district attorney can obtain Trump's tax returns.

Meanwhile, the Small Business Administration says they're finally acting on PPP forgiveness applications. It's not clear yet how quickly this will happen.

Finally, the Daily Beast reports that major GOP donors are redirecting funds to Senate candidates in the hopes of keeping control to block Biden's plans.

Top GOP money men said that efforts to shift resources to Republicans running for the Senate have been happening for weeks, as Trump’s chances have not improved—indeed, worsened—and as the party’s candidates have been dramatically outraised.

“There is no discussion among donors about giving money to the president,” said one prominent GOP donor. “The discussion among donors, bundlers and check writers is about the Senate seats.”

But among seasoned GOP operatives, the imperative to prioritize down-ballot races has only increased in recent days amid Trump’s shaky debate performance and his infection with COVID-19. The argument is one of political triage: the party must use the specter of uniform Democratic control of Washington to save more viable Republicans, not just in the Senate—where the party very well could retain control—but also the House, where continued minority status seems almost assured.

As Bob would say, don't "get happy," but they're running scared.

  • Aynwrong

    If you’re filled with justified rage at Trump and don’t feel so much as an ounce of sympathy for his current predicament and in fact feel that it’s more than richly deserved, this should fit the bill quite nicely.
    https://youtu.be/fAtaSLEaS9U

  • Aynwrong

    ‘As Bob would say, don’t “get happy,” but they’re running scared.’

    For the last four years, this has not been possible.

    https://media1.giphy.com/media/1zcZPaFYByXgQ/giphy.gif

  • muselet

    • Excellent news, but Donald Trump’s lawyers will once again appeal to the Supreme Court. This fight isn’t over yet.

    • I’ll believe it when I see it.

    • GOP donors are pants-wetting panicked, is what they are. “Don’t get happy” is excellent advice, but I’m going to indulge in a few moments of sweet, sweet schadenfreude.

    On the subject of the election, the Economist’s model gives Joe Biden a 91% probability of winning the Electoral College. Don’t get happy: there’s still a 9% probability Donald Trump will win the EC, and that’s ‘way too high for comfort.

    –alopecia

    • Christopher Foxx

      And a 100% probability that the GOP will work to steal the elections.

      DO NOT GET COMPLACENT.