Circling back on the national anthem thing, Benen composed a true or false test with some of Mitt Romney's biggest lies.
1. Romney claimed President Obama "went before the United Nations" and "said nothing about thousands of rockets being rained in on Israel from the Gaza Strip."
True or false? The claim isn't even close to being right.
2. Romney said Democrats "passed Dodd-Frank," which "has made it almost impossible for community banks."
True or false? He's has said this before, and it's still completely untrue.
3. Romney continues to insist, "Our Navy is now smaller than any time since 1917."
True or false? It's one of his favorite talking points, but it's wildly misleading.
4. Romney boasted, "I did not inherit what my wife and I have, nor did she. What I was able to build, I built the old-fashioned way, by earning it, by working hard."
True or false? In reality, he inherited quite a bit from his wealthy, powerful parents.
5. Attacking Newt Gingrich, Romney said of House Republicans, "They also took a vote, and 88 percent of Republicans voted to reprimand the speaker, and he did resign in disgrace after that."
True or false? That's not really what happened.