McClatchy digs up a revealing Cheney quote from 2003:
"The (al Qaida-Iraq) links go back," he said. "We know for example from interrogating detainees in Guantanamo that al Qaida sent individuals to Baghdad to be trained in C.W. and B.W. technology, chemical and biological weapons technology. These are all matters that are there for anybody who wants to look at it."
So there it is. Cheney using a tortured confession to publicly establish the linkage of Saddam and al-Qaeda. Lying to the American public with faked evidence attained using torture.
Here's the process:
1) We want to invade and occupy Iraq.
2) We need to link 9/11 and Saddam in order to do so.
3) Let's torture detainees to get them to confess to this false linkage.
4) Use the falsified evidence to build popular support.
6) A trillion dollars invested. Thousand of American lives lost.
How can we possibly in a million years turn our backs on this?