While White House toady Sean Spicer laughably said that only approximately 100 people were "inconvenienced" by Trump's stupid Muslim ban, a lawyer representing the Trump regime stated in court this morning that over 100,000 visas were revoked by the order.
More than 100,000 visas have been revoked in the wake of the Trump administrations recent travel ban on citizens of seven mainly Muslim countries, according to media reports on Friday.
The Washington Post reported the figure, citing a government attorney at a federal court hearing in Virginia. NBC News' Washington affiliate also reported the number from the hearing.
Shortly after government lawyers stated that 100,000 visas had been revoked, Trump's State Department released a statement saying only 60,000 had been revoked.
Fewer than 60,000 foreigners from seven majority-Muslim countries had their visas canceled after President Donald Trump's executive order blocked them from traveling to the U.S., the State Department said Friday.
That figure contradicts a Justice Department lawyer's statement Friday during a court hearing in Virginia about the ban. The lawyer in that case said that about 100,000 visas had been revoked.
The right hand doesn't know what the far-right hand is doing.
We don't know if the Injustice Department or State Department number is correct, but I think it's safe to say Press Secretary Sean Spicer got it wrong. Spicer was only off by tens of thousands.
If Trump's Muslim ban is eventually reviewed by the Supreme Court, we'll get our first glimpse of what level of integrity Chief Justice John Roberts and the other conservatives justices intend to display in the coming years. We're not very far removed from the court striking down President Obama's executive orders on deferred action for the families of DREAMers. And that's not the only executive action the court rejected under President Obama. Will the court be just as skeptical of Trump's authority as it was Obama's?